frosts 24 cupcakes
prep time: 10 minutes
6 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 tablespoons milk
1) In large bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with spoon or electric mixer on low speed. Stir in vanilla and milk.
2) If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. If frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar.
omit vanilla from above recipe. Substitute lemon juice for the milk. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel.
omit vanilla from above recipe. Substitute orange juice for the milk. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel.
omit vanilla from above recipe. Substitute 1/2 cup maple syrup for the milk. Stir in 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts.
Substitute peanut butter for the butter. Increase milk to 1/4 cup, adding more if necessary, a few drops at a time.
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled
3 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 tablespoons milk
1) In large bowl, mix butter and chocolate. Stir in powdered sugar. Beat in vanilla and milk until smooth and spreadable.
This classic yellow cupcake recipe is quick and easy. Perfect for beginner bakers, but yummy enough for all Chewsie Lovers to enjoy.
yields 24 cupcakes
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 20-25 minutes
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup milk
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place baking cups in each of 12 or 24 regular-size muffin pan.
2) In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3) In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. On low speed, alternately add flour mixture, about 1/3 of mixture at a time, and milk, about 1/2 at a time, beating just until blended.
4) Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
5) Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans; place on cooling racks to finish. Top with desired frosting.