This classic yellow cupcake recipe is quick and easy. Perfect for beginner bakers, but yummy enough for all Chewsie Lovers to enjoy.
yields 24 cupcakes
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 20-25 minutes
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup milk
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place baking cups in each of 12 or 24 regular-size muffin pan.
2) In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3) In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. On low speed, alternately add flour mixture, about 1/3 of mixture at a time, and milk, about 1/2 at a time, beating just until blended.
4) Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
5) Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans; place on cooling racks to finish. Top with desired frosting.